You’ll be able to put your Italian to good use when you arrive for your Greenheart Travel language exchange homestay or language school program in early summer. Apply by April 26 to arrive in time to celebrate these upcoming festivals:
Jun 14- Sept. 8 – Verona Opera Festival
- Soak in the incredible energy of electrifying performances at the Arena di Verona during the Verona Opera Festival. What could be better than enjoying the arts in a 2,000 year old Roman amphitheater?
Jun 28-July 14 – Festival of Two Worlds in Spoleto (Festival dei Due Mondi)
- Get a taste of dance, film, ballet and theater during this summer festival in the early months of summer.
Throughout June – Giostra della Quintana
- The Joust of the Quintana is an event that occurs annually in the city of Foligno. Dating back to the seventeenth century, these horse races and jousting competitions were originally held to determine a knight’s loyalty to his prince or his lady.
July 2 – Palio in Siena*
- Experience this epic traditional Italian horse race dating back hundreds of centuries during this festival.
July 15 – Feast of the Redeemer in Venice (Il Redentore)
- Each year, Italians celebrate the end of the plague that threatened to destroy the city of Venice with religious ceremony, boat races and spectacular fireworks.