by Mary Teeter, Greenheart Director of Development
Mark your calendar for Adventure Travel Day! Join Greenheart Travel and Multilingual Chicago this Saturday, March 2 in an open-house event from 1pm to 5pm at Multilingual Chicago (2934 N. Milwaukee Ave. Ste. C.) It’ll be the most fun and best thing you do in Chicago this weekend. Here’s why:
1) Learning a new language is like going to the gym for your brain. It gets stronger, better, faster, buffer, and better looking…. don’t believe silly old me? Check out these reputable news sources on the subject:
- 2 languages make your brain buff – CNN
- Why Bilinguals Are Smarter – New York Times
- The Bilingual Brain Is Sharper and More Focused, Study Says – Wall Street Journal
- Being Bilingual May Boost Your Brain Power – NPR
2) You’ll get information on incredible travel opportunities – which can change your life and advance your career.
3) You can win in our prize drawing! Prizes include gift certificates to local restaurants, the Greenheart Shop and free stays at a Hostelling International US location of your choice! Not a bad afternoon’s take.
4) You’ll support Chicago youth! Proceeds from this event benefit Greenheart Travel’s Environmental Service Learning Scholarship. ESLS is a special 2-week environmental and cultural immersion program in Costa Rica for economically disadvantaged Chicago high school students. It’s an incredibly eye-opening experience for these young Chicagoans (and future leaders!). In fact, why wait for this weekend? You can support the ESLS by donating today!
5) You’ll make new friends. Nothing brings people together like Mandarin speed language learning. (I would say, “Am I right?” in Mandarin… but I don’t know it… yet!)
So come on over. It’s fun, interactive, family friendly – good for travel lovers, language novices & gurus, and Chicagoans who love meeting new people. This event is sponsored in part by Travel with Ann Costa Rica and Kaehler Luggage.
Anna Labat, Greenheart Travel Director, says, “We’re excited to partner with Multilingual Chicago for Adventure Travel Day this Saturday. Together, we’re dedicated to helping Chicagoans to travel more, communicate more, and learn more.”