by Jill Robinson, Greenheart Travel Social Media Manager
At CCI Greenheart Travel, we provide our participants with the option to volunteer, to learn more about living sustainably and to give back to community and the planet through the Greenheart Travel Club and Greenheart Travel Grant. In honor of Earth Day coming up in April, and our ongoing goal to be as environmentally friendly and socially responsible as possible, my colleagues and I have made a 2 week pledge to make a positive change.
Real transformation can be found in the details, the positive habits we form and the awareness we have in our actions. For two weeks, we have each pledged to be more sustainable in whatever way we can. Whether it is biking to work, turning off our computers, recycling or buying coffee in a reusable mug, every action makes a difference.
“Pledge to Make an Impact” has nothing to do with donating money, but encourages everyone to adopt one small sustainable habit for two weeks that is tailored to individual lifestyle. No pledge is too small. Join CCI Greenheart Travel in making a positive impact on the world, one step at a time. Here’s how:
Pledge To Make an Impact
By pledging to do one small thing that’s beneficial to the planet, you are creating a sustainable habit, contributing to a healthier environment, and even saving some hard earned cash!
Pick One Below and Let me Know!
For 2 WEEKS, I pledge…
to walk home/take public transportation, or bike home from work instead of drive.
to make an intentional effort to turn off lights and electricity.
to use cloth bags or reusable bags instead of plastic bags.
to take shorter showers.
to eat or use the food that I buy instead of letting it spoil.
to drink my coffee/tea out of a mug instead of getting Starbucks!
to buy local as much as possible.
to shut down my computer every day.
to reuse an item I would normally throw out every day.
OR make your OWN pledge!
I, ___(your name here)__________ pledge to
for 2 WEEKS from the dates ________ to _________ (must be between April 1 and April 22).
1) Please be as specific as you want in your pledge. It’s all about starting small and working your way up. (i.e. I pledge take public transport or bike/walk to work three times a week). Use the examples above or create one that works best for you!
2) Enter a start and end date that works for your schedule.
3) Email Jill at email@example.com.
4) Start whenever you are ready and remind yourself of your goal.
5) When you’ve reached the end of your TWO WEEKS, please complete the Final Report below and send it to me with a photo if you can, BY APRIL 24th to be featured on our blog and Facebook page.
FINAL PLEDGE REPORT
I, _____________________ have/have not (please italicize one) successfully completed the above action.
- Why did you decide to do this pledge?
- Was it difficult or easy to complete this pledge? Why?
- Will you continue with your pledge indefinitely?
- What were some obstacles caused by your habit that you noticed during your pledge weeks?
- What were some benefits of your habit that you noticed during your pledge weeks?
- Other Comments:
THANK YOU! You have made a difference!