Participating in a cultural exchange program abroad is an opportunity to grow as an individual, but also to make a real impact on the global community through personal interactions, experiences and understanding. Take your exchange program to another level by celebrating your host community, by helping to implement a project or idea with the help of a Greenheart Travel Grant.
A Greenheart Travel Grant is the opportunity to create, improve, or maintain a community focused project abroad or at home. Grant funds could be applied to supporting women’s cooperatives, schools, community centers, or health clinics, as well as creating a project of your own. Grant winners will be featured on our website, social media, and blog.
There are certain criteria in proposing a project idea when apply for a Greenheart Travel Grant, and all Greenheart Travel Grants should meet these goals:
- Collaborative – The community should be the catalyst for the project. Community members must participate in all stages of the project from the planning to the implementation and maintenance
- Sustainable – The project should have a clear plan to sustain itself after you leave. The more the community collaborates the easier it will be to continue the project for years to come.
- Positive Impact – The project must clearly benefit the community as a whole and not one individual.
Some of examples of how Greenheart Grant funds can be used include: starting a women’s cooperative; developing a youth group; creating or improving a library, community center, or clinic; recording oral histories; or anything else you can come up with that benefits all people in the community.
Ready to take the next steps? Here’s how you apply:
Fill out at Greenheart Grant proposal application on our website by the following deadlines to be considered:
- Spring deadline is March 15
- Summer deadline is July 15
- Fall Deadline is October 15